- The training and experiences that cadets receive in the U.S. Naval Sea Cadets program will increase the competitiveness of college, university and military service academy applications; will qualify cadets to apply for numerous scholarships and grants available only to cadets and will provide cadets with access to U.S. military correspondence courses, which are required for rank advancement within the program.
- Cadets may apply to and enter the Naval Sea Cadet International Exchange Program and travel to and train in any of 17 foreign countries during the summer, at little or no personal expense.
Accelerated Advancement of Military Career
- Depending upon the cadet’s level of achievement in the program, cadets can enter active duty military service at advanced pay grades and speed advancement to a prestigious military career.
Exciting Training Opportunities
- Cadets are provided with opportunities to assist active duty personnel in the execution of their duties aboard helicopters, aircraft, ships, submarines and land vehicles and to train using military issue equipment and in many different types of simulators.
- By joining U.S. Naval Sea Cadets, St. Augustine Battalion, Cadets are entitled to participate in a range of optional activities such as our underwater robotically controlled vehicle (ROV) program, weekly Special Skills and Physical Readiness Training, and may join a range of teams including SCUBA Team, Rappel Team, Sailing Team, Rifle/Pistol Team, and may try out for our Color Guard team.
- Sea Cadets are authorized by the Secretary of the Navy to wear Navy uniforms appropriately marked with the Sea Cadet Corps insignia.